turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I file my taxes if I accidentally made a payment through the IRS website instead of Turbotax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ErinH
Intuit Alumni

How do I file my taxes if I accidentally made a payment through the IRS website instead of Turbotax?

You file as normal. Just indicate that you do not want to pay your taxes through TurboTax (pay by check) when asked how you want to pay your federal taxes (this question appears in the File section).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ErinH
Intuit Alumni

You file as normal. Just indicate that you do not want to pay your taxes through TurboTax (pay by check) when asked how you want to pay your federal taxes (this question appears in the File section).

I just spoke to someone from Turbotax regarding this. She had me select the option to pay with a check instead of your option. Do I need to send paper work to the IRS?
ErinH
Intuit Alumni

Paying by check is the same as not paying through TurboTax. You do not need to send any additional paperwork in unless the program told you to. You can visit <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/Payments">https://www.irs.gov/Payments</a> to make your payment.

Thank you.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies