lizzy0587

Paid into STD as after tax deduction, had baby and used PTO, then received payments from a 3rd party. This is not on a W2. Do I claim this as income?

I received this confusing info from another source:
Short-term disability for maternity leave is not taxable when you pay for the policy using after-tax payroll contributions.
I paid into a short term disability plan through after tax deductions from my paychecks all year in 2016.  I had a baby and used 2 weeks of PTO.  Then I received a few payments from the STD company and the rest of the time was unpaid.  My W2 from my employer does not have the 3rd party sick pay box checked.  I didn't receive a form from the 3rd party.  Do I claim this income from the 3rd party?  Is any of all of this "paid family leave"?

RichardG

Since you paid for the disability policy with after-tax dollars, the payments you received are not taxable income.  There's nothing to report as to those payments.

RichardG