turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oct 16 is the IRS deadline–file confidently with expert help. File Now
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

New Member

Owe Less at Tax Time

I owed way more than expected last year despite claiming "0". I there a way to mitigate the amount owed?


Filing Married, 2 young kids. 130k.

This feature is pending. Thanks for your patience.
Didn't get the answer you wanted? Talk to a live expert to get the help you need.
1 Reply
Employee Tax Expert

Owe Less at Tax Time

Hi Doc_I, Thanks for the questions.


Recommend that you fill out the re-designed Form W-4.

Form W-4 Employee’s Withholding Certificate



The simplest way to increase your withholding is to enter in Step 4(c) the additional amount you would like your employer to withhold from each paycheck - divide the amount you expect you will owe by the remaining pay periods.


Or reduce the number of dependents on Step 3.


Hope the above helps.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies