If you are working outside the US, have a foreign employer and did not receive a W-2 or Form 1099-MISC, then you report the Foreign Earned Income on IRS Form 2555.
To enter Foreign Earned Income -
- Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
- Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
- Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
- Scroll down to Less Common Income
- On Foreign Earned Income and Exclusion, click on the start or update button
Or enter foreign income in the Search/Find box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to foreign income