turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

zrntaxes2

Where do I input: Other Receipts & Reconciliations- Income accrual- UIT on the 1099-INT form?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
mounty67

Where do I input: Other Receipts & Reconciliations- Income accrual- UIT on the 1099-INT form?

Where do I enter this information in Turbotax?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are having issues importing your 1099's from your financial institution, you can enter your info manually. How to enter 1099-INT

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

THis did not answer the question.  

MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

Assuming you are looking for information on how to report interest or other income from a UIT (Unit Investment Trust):

UITs provide IRS Forms 1099 to their unitholders annually to summarize the trust's distributions. When an investor sells units, they may realize either a taxable gain or a loss that should be reported on income tax returns. Some UITs may provide income that is free from federal and/or state taxation.

Investors may receive a Form 1099-B summarizing sales transactions, 1099-INT for interest, 1099-DIV for dividends, or a consolidated form with sections listing each type of income. 

Enter the information in the matching section to which it pertains, as you would with a brokerage statement. If you have questions about what type of income a particular amount or transaction represents, contact the payer.

When you receive a 1099-INT, you’ll need to understand what each box of the form is reporting, so that you can report your interest on the appropriate lines of your tax return:

• Box 1 of the 1099-INT reports all taxable interest you receive, such as your earnings from a savings account.
  • Box 2 reports interest penalties you were charged for withdrawing money from an account before the maturity date.
  • Box 3 reports interest earned on U.S. savings bonds or Treasury notes, bills or bonds. Some of this may be tax-exempt.
  • Box 4 reports any federal tax withheld on your interest income by the payer.
  • Box 8 reports tax-exempt interest and relates to interest-bearing investments you hold with state and local governments, such as municipal bonds.

See this TurboTax tips article for more information on filing with Form 1099-INT.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies