turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I enter a W2 Box 1 value over $10,000,000? I get an error message stating that "The value is too large for this field".

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I enter a W2 Box 1 value over $10,000,000? I get an error message stating that "The value is too large for this field".

You cannot.   If your income it that high then you should be using a tax professional and professional tax software that can handle large incomes.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

View solution in original post

Or some other tax software that is up to the task. shop around.
Hint it's one of the other two in the big three.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

You cannot.   If your income it that high then you should be using a tax professional and professional tax software that can handle large incomes.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Or some other tax software that is up to the task. shop around.
Hint it's one of the other two in the big three.

Thanks for the reply.  Just for reference, high income does not necessarily imply the need for a tax professional.  A complicated tax situation with a high income might.  My situation is simple - high W2 wages and relatively large charitable deductions, nothing else (no businesses, rentals, complicated investments, ..).  Again, I appreciate the quick reply so I didn't waste too much time on this.

Also, thank you "fanfare" for a potential alternative.
JMM58

which one? This is silly. I have a high income but that shouldn't be a reason for me abandon the program

T** A** allowed me to enter a W2 income >$10,000,000.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies