vsigma

On w-2, box 14 - I get this error - New Jersey SDI cannot be greater than $66 - but it is the correct amount. How do I fix this to get it to efile?

My w-2 lists the SDI+other bits as "SDI/Other" - how can I either break this down into correct separate amounts for NJ?

AnthonyC

You can break it into separate line entries for Box 14 W2.  Your employer shouldn't have lumped them all in one entry together.  NJ SDI has a maximum tax base of $33,700 at a rate of 0.19% for 2018.  You can enter the NJ SDI as one entry and the rest as an "Other" entry from the drop-down box selection for box 14 (or if you can break it down further see the link below for calculations).

https://nj.gov/labor/ea/rates/ea2018.html