dumbdog0

On the W2 for overpayment of 401K there is no Employer's State ID number, what ID number am I suppose to include (the company I am working for)?

Lisa995

Is there any state withholding shown?   If not, just leave all the state boxes empty.  If there is state withholding, then you need to contact the issuer for a corrected W2.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Lisa995

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dumbdog0

Thanks.  It is actually for a 409A and there is a number shown in Box 16 (state wages, etc.) but no entries in box 17, 19, 19 or 20,  so just leave all state boxes empty?
Lisa995

You're only dealing with 1 state, right?  there's not 2 part-year returns or anything like that?  Is the amount in the Box 16 the same as in Box 1?  If youre only dealing with 1 state, and the amount in Box 16 is the same as Box 1, Id just skip all the state boxes.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪