amarasmom16

On the left hand side of my page it says self employed i am not self employed

If you have not paid for the online edition you are using, have not filed your tax return or registered the Free edition, then you can clear your return and start over with a lower priced edition.  Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the program screen while working on the 2018 online tax return.  Click on Clear & Start Over.

SteamTrain

….or...perhaps you don't consider yourself to be self-employed, but have some cash income or a contract job that requires the SE version.    Many people have both a W-2 job and some contract job income work that requires the SE version in order to complete their taxes....the SE version covers both.

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
TomD8

If you received a 1099-MISC showing "Non-employee compensation" in Box 7 for work or services that you provided, the IRS considers that to be self-employment income.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.**