sharlamine

On my filing status, I am legally married still, but I am separated (not a separation through the courts, but we have not lived together for months.

SeanE1

You haven't asked a question, but if you are wondering what your tax filing status options are it would be either married filing separately or head-of household if you have a qualified dependent.  If you were still legally married as of December 31, 2016 the IRS only gives two choices outside of married filing jointly.  If you have a qualifying dependent you would be able to file as head of household.  Please see below:

Since your husband has not been living with you, you might be able to file as Head of Household if you meet the criteria for the IRS test that is included in the LINK below: 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2567672-can-a-married-person-claim-head-of-household-filing-status