Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

grewvin

Why am I going to be charged when the original agreement was when I get my refund you get paid? Its like doing a job half way and expecting the full contractors job pay complete before the drywalls up. Interesting...

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CailaL

Why am I going to be charged when the original agreement was when I get my refund you get paid? Its like doing a job half way and expecting the full contractors job pay complete before the drywalls up. Interesting...

Please see the FAQ below. 

If you requested your TurboTax fees be deducted from your federal tax refund and the IRS has held your refund over 45 days after your original estimated refund date then TurboTax will request payment for use of the software to prepare your return.

"...you'll receive a Request for Payment email, which includes instructions on how you can pay your TurboTax fees (minus the Refund Processing fee, if any)."

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4169801

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Did you select the Refund Processing Service to pay your TurboTax online fees?  That's the option to have your TT fees deducted from your federal return.  Review your TurboTax fees by seeing the link below:
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online">https://ttlc.i...>
*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
grewvin

I know what I selected, I dont need to review it. They are changing the terms not me.
grewvin

They emailed me saying when they are going to deduct from my account they have on file to drop my funds in wo my consent.
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

I'm not a TurboTax employee; I'm a user like you.  I'm just trying to figure out exactly what the issue is.  Could you please clarify?
*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
grewvin

My refund was selected to be reviewed by the irs. They are wanting my federal tax information and copy of my employers form, which is none issue, now that I finally got my letter 2 months later telling me what has happened (literally received it today). I've called turbotax this past week and they could give no information other then my return was accepted w no issues and they closed my case as solved. A few days ago I received an email saying that my return was being held up. (duh) I've called and I've been trying to find out what was happening, I've used the irs wheres my refund tool, I've tried calling turbotax and the irs. Also in that letter I was told they were going to go ahead and charge my account that was suppose to be debited with my return that they were suppose to take the fees from...
grewvin

I filed 2 months ago btw.
CailaL

Please see the FAQ below. 

If you requested your TurboTax fees be deducted from your federal tax refund and the IRS has held your refund over 45 days after your original estimated refund date then TurboTax will request payment for use of the software to prepare your return.

"...you'll receive a Request for Payment email, which includes instructions on how you can pay your TurboTax fees (minus the Refund Processing fee, if any)."

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4169801

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Okay, I see.  Because you elected to pay your TurboTax fees out of your federal refund, and now your refund has been delayed, TurboTax is going to go ahead and charge their fees to your credit card.  This is not unusual, as TurboTax does have to be paid.  The agreement to deduct your fees from your federal refund assumes that your refund comes in a somewhat timely fashion.  

TurboTax has no info or influence on when you get your refund once your return gets to the IRS and is accepted.  But I will say that you should not be charged the $34.99 Refund Processing Fee if your refund is delayed so long that you are unable to use that feature.  The amount that TurboTax charges you should not include that fee.  

I'll post your question where TurboTax Moderators can see it and maybe offer additional assistance to you.
Cuates24

I am having the same issue this year. Still waiting on the IRS to do something with my return and I am already getting harassed by TurboTax about the payment. Why should I pay TurboTax if the jobs not done? They’re customer service is soooo bad too

Are the fees supposed to come out of your refund?

If the IRS is taking too long to send your refund you still have to pay the fees in time.

See What if the IRS reduces your refund or delays it.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/payments/help/what-if-my-federal-refund-isn-t-enough-to-cover-my-t...

Then when the IRS does send your refund they won't take the fees out again.

And, Why you got charged,

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

Cuates24

Yeah that is truly disappointing. I will never be using TurboTax again and I am a 14 year customer of TurboTax. This experience has been terrible. No help, uncaring customer service, charging me before I receive my refund. It stated that if the refund was not enough to cover the cost that it would debit the amount from my account. But on the link you sent I see at the bottom it says it will take the money if it takes longer than 36 days. 

I won’t agree to paying and won’t take time to send money to a company who hasn’t earned it yet. I’ll also see what I can do with my bank about blocking an autodebit to TurboTax 

ee-ea
Level 15

deleted

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies