turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Question about address

Can i use my Mother and father in laws address for tax returns. im filing jointly with my wife. And im in the military and am a resident of the address im putting
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
Carl
Level 15

Question about address

If you're referring to the "mailing address" in the Personal Info tab, the answer to your question is yes. But if the IRS has questions about your tax return, that is the address they will send all correspondence to. So if the in-laws don't get such correspondence to you, it "could" come back to bite you.

Question about address

Yes  i am referring to the mailing address. Im wondering because im a resident of oregon and pay taxes in that state. and cant get my Concealed handgun license unless i show im a resident. and they want a address on my tax return. last year I filed a 1040A and under home address had my NC address. this year i want the same just my in laws Address.
Carl
Level 15

Question about address

Oh I see. So long as you're "good" with the in-laws, shouldn't be an issue. Just don't piss off the wife. 🙂

Question about address

ok thank you and i just want to confirm that its okay to have under home address on taxes. right. and i pulled some work over at  Wullenweber too aka elephant cage
Carl
Level 15

Question about address

--.    ---    -    -.-.     ----     .-

Question about address

---- ?? your 5th
Carl
Level 15

Question about address

dit dah
Carl
Level 15