Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

skmb

1099 employee, no income, no 1099. I am doing a schedule C for expenses. Being asked for an EIN number from payer which there was none, What do i put at the review part?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
Carl
Level 15

1099 employee, no income, no 1099. I am doing a schedule C for expenses. Being asked for an EIN number from payer which there was none, What do i put at the review part?

If you received a 1099-MISC with the income reported in box 7 or if you were paid in cash, then you are not an employee. You are considered to have been self-employed and "in business" for yourself when you earned that money. Therefore all of your business income and business expenses are reported on SCH C as a part of your personal 1040 tax return.
When you start working through the business income section, you need to tell the program that NO you did not receive a 1099-MISC. Then you will be asked for income not reported to you on a 1099-MISC and you will enter that business income basically, as "general income" and press on from there.
So if you "did" indicate you have a 1099-MISC and started entering data, the program has already created the forms necessary and you *MUST* delete them now. To do that:
Start over in the business income section and indicate YES, you did receive a 1099-MISC. The next screen will show you the 1099-MISC you already attempted to enter. Click the delete button next to it to delete it, then click YES to confirm the deletion and finish working it through to be returned to the main business income screen where you can indicate that you did *not* receive a 1099-MISC.
skmb

So no schedule C? I don'T recall seeing where I can put in NO I did not receive  A 1099-c DO you perhaps have a screenshot of where Id see that?
Carl
Level 15

"So no schedule C?"
I never said that. yes you *WILL* complete SCH C.
Just start from the beginning again. After the Personal Info section, the *very* *first* section you deal with is Business Income & Expenses (SCH C).
skmb

Ok I thought so because of the expenses. So I am on the page that says income and expenses right after my info  Do I click on where it says add income for my work? Its a box
skmb

when i click on that i get this:

Let's enter the income for their Advertising work
What type of income did they receive for this work? If they received more than one type, we'll enter them one at a time.

1099-MISC. Add all 1099-MISCs for this work. Learn more
Other self-employed income. Includes 1099-K, cash, and checks. Learn more
Uncommon income. Includes awards, interest, debt previously deducted. Learn more
What about income not listed here?
What if I haven't received my 1099-MISC yet?

Just enter your income under Other Self Employed Income.  Even if you get a 1099Misc.  You don't need to enter the actual 1099Misc.  Only the total income goes to schedule C.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies