turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Obtained a I*D Pin from IRS...6 digits however the place where a PIN should be entered for signature is for only 5 digits

4 Replies

Obtained a I*D Pin from IRS...6 digits however the place where a PIN should be entered for signature is for only 5 digits

To enter, edit or delete a 6 digit IP PIN

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Other Tax Situations
  • Scroll down to Other Return Info
  • On Identity Protection PIN, click the start button

Or enter ip pin in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to ip pin

Where asked to enter a 5 digit pin you can use any 5 digits.

My question was ....received a 6 digit PIN from IRS however the field where PIN is entered only accepts 5 digits.

@gpw7900303 wrote:

My question was ....received a 6 digit PIN from IRS however the field where PIN is entered only accepts 5 digits.

And you were answered with the information on how and where to enter the 6 digit IP PIN.

Is there a problem with entering the IP PIN as shown in the answer?

Yes ... the proper place to enter a 6 digit IP PIN is the only place it will work ... see the prior instructions.   You cannot enter it in the current year 5 digit self selected PIN section in the FILE tab.  

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing

Related Content

Manage cookies