turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can somebody listen, 1099k Uber form does not upload to turbo tax program, says I didn't work there, what can be done other than manually entering info?

turbo tax says there is  no tax info from uber. and I probably didn't work there. WRONG! I've been a driver for 2 years.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

Can somebody listen, 1099k Uber form does not upload to turbo tax program, says I didn't work there, what can be done other than manually entering info?

Companies are not required to send you a 1099-k if the amount is less than $20,000 but they can if they want to.  Some companies do it as much for their own bookkeeping records as to help you out.  If they choose not to, you simply have to use your own records, though that might be more of a pain for you. The 1099-k and it's requirements are still fairly new and many companies have not adopted them in their own record-keeping systems.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LeeM

Nothing. You have to enter it manually if it does not upload to TurboTax.

Uber said it was because I made less than 20k. So why did lyft send me one? I made even less with lyft and still got one and it uploaded. I can understand 1099 misc doesn't apply to me, but 1099k does. It's done. Took forever but it's done. Got my state filed for free! which is rare.
Anita01

Companies are not required to send you a 1099-k if the amount is less than $20,000 but they can if they want to.  Some companies do it as much for their own bookkeeping records as to help you out.  If they choose not to, you simply have to use your own records, though that might be more of a pain for you. The 1099-k and it's requirements are still fairly new and many companies have not adopted them in their own record-keeping systems.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies