Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I need both Turbo Tax Online and Turbo Tax Business if my wife and I both co-own a 2-member LLC and I have a separate salaried income (W-2)?

Long time user of TT Personal. I understand I need to use TT Business for a 2-person LLC and that I likely have to also purchase TT to file a 1040.

Do these two programs talk to one another such that I can easily transfer over the relevant data?  Like importing the K-1?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DDollar
Expert Alumni

Do I need both Turbo Tax Online and Turbo Tax Business if my wife and I both co-own a 2-member LLC and I have a separate salaried income (W-2)?

Yes, you will need TurboTax Business to prepare a Form 1065 for the 2 member LLC (unless you have elected S-Corp status, in which case you use the program to prepare Form 1120-S).  You will also need the personal program. Unfortunately, you will have to enter the information from the K-1s into TurboTax Home & Business manually.

For information on the programs, and to order see the following:

TurboTax Business

TurboTax Desktop Products Comparison

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Are you in a Community Property State?
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/single-member-limited-liability-compan...>
DDollar
Expert Alumni

Yes, you will need TurboTax Business to prepare a Form 1065 for the 2 member LLC (unless you have elected S-Corp status, in which case you use the program to prepare Form 1120-S).  You will also need the personal program. Unfortunately, you will have to enter the information from the K-1s into TurboTax Home & Business manually.

For information on the programs, and to order see the following:

TurboTax Business

TurboTax Desktop Products Comparison

Note that Form 1065 was due back on March (not April) 15.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies