Solved: NOT HAPPY!!!! THIS IS VERY SHADY BUSINESS YOU ARE DOING

kelseydanker1992

NOT HAPPY!!!! THIS IS VERY SHADY BUSINESS YOU ARE DOING

I will be posting a picture on every review I can find of your LITERALLY hidden fees. $34.99 taken out and it is not listed ANYWHERE.

Lisa995

This is what the screen looked like for 2015, the 2016 one is very similar (I don't have a screen shot of it though).

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Lisa995

Of course it is.   On the screen where you choose to Pay By Refund or Pay With Credit Card, its clearly written that if you pay by refund, there is an additional $34.99 fee.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
kelseydanker1992

Obviously not, because I did not see it anywhere. I was expecting only $71.98 to be taken out and if I could post the pic it would show it does not include any $34.99, but it is taken out.. it only mentions $71.98 and then gives a total of the refund subtract $34.99 & $71.98. I assumed the $71.98 INCLUDED the $34.99. Shady business, because I trusted that it all added up and didn't think to check what the total actually had subtracted from it.. just trusted it was only $71.98 that it literally says is subtracted.
Lisa995

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

kelseydanker1992

You aren't understanding my point
Lisa995

I thought your point was that you were never shown, told, made aware of that additional fee...but it is disclosed before you choose your payment method.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
kelseydanker1992

Yes, I understand that part. I am saying it showed $71.98 was my total for all services and then takes out an invisible $34.99.. I thought that was included in the $71.98. It would make more sense if I could post the screen shot of it, but that isn't an option on here.. I'm not sure where you found that option to post your screen shot. Either way, I have wasted too much time on this. It is $35, not much, but for a single mother that is a box of diapers. I want to warn others of this so that they don't make the same mistake as me. I chose Turbo Tax bc it was the easiest and cheapest option, I thought. My parents paid $80 to have it done by a person and I'm going to be doing the same next year.
JohnC2

I've attached this year's screenshots for the Refund Processing Service.  The first screen is similar to last year's screen where it does show the cost.  Once the user clicks to pay with their Federal Refund they have to then sign and date the agreement.  The next two screens have more on the Refund Processing Service Agreement, which includes the cost of using it.  The last screenshot shows the user's TurboTax Fees and the Refund Processing Service fee coming out of the Federal Refund.