rwaksb81

North Dakota military retirement benefit exclusion

I'm starting my return for this year but I can not find how to enter the military retirement benefit exclusion on my return.  Looking to see if I missed it or it is not in the program yet. on the paper forms it goes on line 14 of the ND-1 Form

SteamTrain

@rwaksb81 

That appears to be an ND  bug that was reported last week and not fixed yet.  Don't file until it is fixed.  Software updates usually are implemented on Wed or Thurs evenings....but this may take a couple more weeks.

_________________________

Or...call Customer Support  to get them to look at it and report it thru their system (again) as a bug.  More reports = faster action....but this one negatively impacts all military retirees residing in ND..and is a problem.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @rwaksb81 

I'd like to investigate this issue however I do need your help. What I need is a Diagnostic Copy of your return. This is a copy of your return that is sanitized of any personal information including Names, SSNs, Addresses and other personal data. 

What I need is the Token # for your Diagnostic Copy. Here are the instructions to get that Token #.

TurboTax Desktop

• Open your return in TurboTax Desktop
  • In the Top Left Corner Click the "Online" Drop Down
  • Click "Send Tax File to Agent"
  • Click "Send" and a Tax File will generate
  • You will receive a "Token #"

TurboTax Online

• Login to TurboTax Online
  • Continue your Tax Return
  • On the left-hand side click the "Tax Tools" drop-down
  • Click "Tools"
  • Click the bottom bullet point labeled "Share my file with Agent"
  • You will receive a "Token #"

Thanks! 

rwaksb81

I created a copy and sent it to you Token # is 575096

Thanks for your help Ray

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for taking the time to reply. With your help, we were able to confirm this is an issue. If you would like further updates on this issue use the link below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/why-is-my-military-retirement-not-being-excluded-f...