turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

So my taxes are marked as accepted, do I need to send anything in or file anymore paperwork once everything has been filed here?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

So my taxes are marked as accepted, do I need to send anything in or file anymore paperwork once everything has been filed here?

No, when you electronically file, you don't have to send anymore paperwork to the IRS.  Unless you owe taxes, then you would need to still send in your payment with the voucher that printed (Form 1040V).

Note:  There are some less common situations where you might need to send in a follow-up form or document, but TurboTax would specifically tell you this during filing and it would print on your instructions page on your copy of your return.  So, if you weren't prompted to do so, then there is nothing for you to send.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

No, when you electronically file, you don't have to send anymore paperwork to the IRS.  Unless you owe taxes, then you would need to still send in your payment with the voucher that printed (Form 1040V).

Note:  There are some less common situations where you might need to send in a follow-up form or document, but TurboTax would specifically tell you this during filing and it would print on your instructions page on your copy of your return.  So, if you weren't prompted to do so, then there is nothing for you to send.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies