turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I started to file my taxes on here but filed with someone else.. will it still file on here?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

I started to file my taxes on here but filed with someone else.. will it still file on here?

No.  It will not E-file through TurboTax unless you complete your return on TurboTax and hit the ''Transmit Return'' button.  Even if you were to do that accidentally, the return would be rejected as you have already filed through another site.  

View solution in original post

8 Replies

If you file your tax return using TurboTax and have already filed somewhere else, then the tax return will be rejected by the IRS.

I didn't file it yet, just started it.

You said ..."but filed with someone else"

Sorry I worded that wrong.. I started it but I didn't get to file it.. It was registered but not filed..

In that case, then Yes you can complete your tax return using TurboTax and e-file the return after it is completed.

I don't want to file it with turbo tax anymore since I used another site... I'm just trying to make sure that since it's registered that they won't finish filing it.

TurboTax is tax preparation software and cannot complete or file a tax return without your input.  So if you do not wish to use the software, feel free to use some other method of completing and filing your tax return.
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

No.  It will not E-file through TurboTax unless you complete your return on TurboTax and hit the ''Transmit Return'' button.  Even if you were to do that accidentally, the return would be rejected as you have already filed through another site.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies