turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

New Member

No insurance for my son (US Citizen) for 5 months

We moved to India due to my H1-B rejection, so my son won't have health insurance for 5 months until we return back with new H1-B. While filing I put "No valid status" for me and my wife, but what option I can use for my son (US citizen)?

This feature is pending. Thanks for your patience.
Didn't get the answer you wanted? Our digital assistant can help you.
1 Reply
Expert Alumni

No insurance for my son (US Citizen) for 5 months

You can use US citizen abroad or out of the country.  Truth be told, you can even use the "no valid status" also, because both of those answers generate the same code on Form 8965, which is Code C.  Code C covers all exceptions related to either not having a valid social to being outside of the country and not having insurance during that time.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies