No Crypto on Premier Desktop

I bought the desktop Premier version after seeing turbo tax claiming crypto tax is simple.

I entered my aggregated crypto lost in the investment section manually. Since there was no crypto, it's labeled as no financial institution.  Didn't think too much as there was no warning.

After I filed the return, the software ask me to mail to IRS an 8949 attachment myself to explain this no financial institution section.

Super disappointed and pissed off. This is the worse experience I have had with Turbotax after 7 years with the product.

Is there a way to add crypto on desktop or people should never buy desktop version if they want to report crypto.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Kat

No Crypto on Premier Desktop

I've experienced the same frustrating issue.

For now, crypto traders must use the Online platform in order to import information into the program.  Someone suggested to me (I don't use the Online platform either) that I could use Online to import the info, then copy the file and use it in the Desktop platform.

I will say, however, that when I entered the crypto sales into my Desktop program, it did generate the Form 8949 you've now been asked to submit.  The only difference I know is that I use TT Home & Business (vs. your Premier).  Shouldn't make a difference, though.

I'm so sorry for your experience.  It has been a frustrating year for me, too.  Hopefully, TT will improve the experience for Desktop users and better equalize the platforms.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***