tyler_herrin

Never asked if I have a 1095a even though I have one from my states health insurance marketplace.

I received a notice from the IRS notifying me that they needed a copy of my 1095-A and for me to complete form 8962.

I followed the turbo tax instructions for amending my tax return, but after I select that I was enrolled in my states health insurance marketplace I never receive the prompt to enter in my 1095-A information into turbotax. It skips to "That's all we need on your 2018 coverage". Obviously this means I can't get turbotax to generate form 8962.

DawnC0

Go back to the Health Insurance section and when you come to the question that asks ''What type of plan you were enrolled in?'', choose the 1st option, Affordable Care Act (Obamacare).  The next screen will prompt you for the 1095-A.  It doesn't matter which option you pick to get the 1095-A screen so that will work and allow you to get your 8962. 

DawnC0

Yes, you can - what state and what Marketplace?  
tyler_herrin

WA. Washington Apple Health. I select that but when I click continue turbotax says that's all it needs and never asks for my 1095-A.
DawnC0

tyler_herrin

That's kind of dumb and weird that the Washington Apple Health doesn't trigger that. Thank you for helping me at least be able to get that info filled out though!
DawnC0

You are welcome and I completely agree. 😉