bfai

Need to upgrade to deluxe with price listed as $40.00. What is state fee ,NY, that is listed as additional charge.

When do fees become payable.

The state program is an additional charge of $40 when used with the Deluxe edition.

Payment of the TurboTax fees is not until you are in the File section of the program on Step 1.  The account fees have to be paid when you are either e-filing the tax return or are printing the tax return using the online editions.

bfai

Thank you. This answered the question.  

I have another question.  Can I go into preview and see the  form 1040 and supporting schedules before I print or file them. I have all my information entered but am waiting on one document  to verify the number I arrived at from my figure.  

Yes.  Before filing,  You can preview the 1040 or print the whole return.  To see all the forms you need to pay the fees first.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/accessing/help/how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-f...

bfai

Thank you.  I have finished and filed my 2020 taxes.  Federal and State (accepted).  I missed entering information on a 1099-B that should have been entered on Line 7 of  irs form 1040.  I understand that the amend forms will be available on 3/35/2021.

Is there a way to access the existing data on the 2020 return that I filed to enter the information or Line 7 to pro-forma the numbers.  

MaryM428

Sign in to TurboTax and at the middle of the page, click the button for Add a State.  That will not add a state, but will get you back into your return.  Then you can make the changes needed so that it will be ready when amend becomes available from the IRS in mid to late March.