Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tb032681

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Need to change my mailing address fofory refund check how do i do this

Filed my taxes and need to change address for my refund check to be mailes to

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Need to change my mailing address fofory refund check how do i do this

If your return has already been accepted, there is nothing you can do in the software at this point to change the address.  The refund will be returned to the IRS if it is undelivered.  If you return is rejected, you can change the address, fix the rejection, and resubmit.

You could try to contact the IRS and state tax authority to see if they can help you before your refund is processed. Also, you can submit a Form 8822 to change your address with the IRS. They may not receive it until the refund is processed, but the new address will on file with them. Go to this link for that form How To Change Your Address With The IRS.

IRS Telephone Assistance for Individuals:
Toll-Free, 1-800-829-1040
  Expect long wait times. 

Alternatively, this link has the local IRS offices.  After going to the link, you can scroll down the page then click on the map for your location.  Contact Your Local IRS Office

State Taxing Authorities

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302452

I need to change my mailing address  to a p.o box how can I do that

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@Demetris2029 If you have already filed your return, unfortunately you will not be able to update the mailing address for your refund. If you have not filed your return, please see the following TurboTax FAQ: How do I update my TurboTax account information?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies