jraby8914

Need to change filing status to head of household

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Am I Head of Household?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894553-do-i-qualify-for-head-of-household

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2900097-what-is-a-qualifying-person-for-head-of-household

If you qualify as Head of Household, when you enter your filing status (single or married filing separately) into Personal Info, and then enter your qualifying dependent, TurboTax will offer HOH as your filing status.

Am I Head of Household?

When will I see that offer

I only see married filing separately

In My Info--if you answer the questions correctly and qualify as HOH it will ask you if you want to file as HOH

Are you claiming a dependent child?  Have you lived apart from your spouse for at least the last six months of 2018?

I am divorced with no dependents 74 years old?

Then you file Single.  You are not head of household if you do not have a dependent.

Can I claim myself

@lillyanathomas Unless you say you can be claimed as someone else's dependent, you are by default claiming yourself

She's never lived with anyone else but me Cynthia Thomas