Solved: My wife wasn't covered until february last year after we got married due to not being a citizen or resident. Can we still be penalized for that?

My wife wasn't covered until february last year after we got married due to not being a citizen or resident. Can we still be penalized for that?

She came up the year before on a visitors visa so coverage wasn't neccesary.

You shouldn't be penalized.  If she was covered from February through the end of the year, this would qualify for the short gap exclusion since it was less than 3 months.