bcjcorum

My wife's income is from IHSS for a family member. It is exempted. How do I enter that?

Income from IHSS is exempted from taxes but your software doesn't have a way to enter it.  It also doesn't appear in the list of unusual circumstances.

MaryK1

You enter the W2 as normal, then under Less Common income- Miscellaneous Income- Other income not reported on a W2 or 1099 you enter  "IRS Notice 2014-7" as the description and the amount as a negative number to report it then cancel it.

MaryK1

jessicahlnguyen

The software wouldn't let me file at the end, saying the amount can't be less than zero