• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rev_teach

My wife is a Chinese Citizen and has health coverage there. Do we still have to pay the penalty for not having health insurance?

My wife is a Chinese Citizen and she has health coverage there that is paid. She goes to China for health concerns if necessary. For annual checkups etc.

Do we have to pay the penalty for not having insurance in the USA?

Thank you, Glenn Harrison
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
fanfare
Level 15

My wife is a Chinese Citizen and has health coverage there. Do we still have to pay the penalty for not having health insurance?

Anybody who can afford to go to China for health checkups need not be concerned about an Individual Responsibility Payment.

In any case, your spouse must have health coverage. She does. You can report her covered for the entire year.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
fanfare
Level 15

Anybody who can afford to go to China for health checkups need not be concerned about an Individual Responsibility Payment.

In any case, your spouse must have health coverage. She does. You can report her covered for the entire year.

fanfare
Level 15

By the way, how many hospitals or physicians in the US will accept a Chinese Health Insurance card?
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v