rev_teach

My wife is a Chinese Citizen and has health coverage there. Do we still have to pay the penalty for not having health insurance?

My wife is a Chinese Citizen and she has health coverage there that is paid. She goes to China for health concerns if necessary. For annual checkups etc.

Do we have to pay the penalty for not having insurance in the USA?

Thank you, Glenn Harrison

fanfare

Anybody who can afford to go to China for health checkups need not be concerned about an Individual Responsibility Payment.

In any case, your spouse must have health coverage. She does. You can report her covered for the entire year.

fanfare

fanfare

By the way, how many hospitals or physicians in the US will accept a Chinese Health Insurance card?