vbashko

My wife applied for ITIN using forms 1040(file jointly) and W7. Does it mean my federal tax return is filed? How can I e-file state tax only now?

CarolynM

Yes. If you 1040 was submitted with her ITN application, you tax return is filed. 

Without a SSN or an ITIN, most states will not allow you to e-file. You will need to paper file this return as well. 

If you provide the state, we can confirm the e-file requirements and provide a mailing address if needed.

vbashko

Hi! Thanks for your answer. She has already gotten her ITIN by mail, so we have it. The only question is how to use turbotax to file states taxes only without filing federal taxes. I'm in California.