gdslates

My wife and I got married last year, so her name is technically Slater, however, it is still Vosler on her Social Security, so what does she file under?

JeanneLO

Since you are up against the tax filing deadline and your wife does not have time to change her name with Social Security to file timely, you can file a joint return with your spouse using her previous name (the one that matches her Social Security number), and then straighten things out in time for next year's filing season.

Please click the link below for more information:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/marriage/getting-married/L0DvEUlEC

fanfare

you will find out  you are using the correct surname when you go to e-File and it is ACCEPTED.
gdslates

Thank you