katierossini

My wife and I are both filing, Married Filing Separately. Turbotax is asking for 2018 AGI in order to complete our taxes, how do I answer that question?

Vanessa

Your AGI is on line 7 of your 1040.  

To see it click:

• Tax Tools on the left in the black after being fully logged into your return
  • Tools
  • View Tax Summary
  • Preview 1040

Scroll down and look at line 7 of your return, then enter it on his and repeat to enter his on yours

Vanessa

Is it asking for your spouses AGI for 2018?
katierossini

Yes it is. I need his AGI 2018 to complete my taxes, and he needs my AGI 2018 to complete his taxes.
retiree

NOTE:- however that the IRS requires certain information for both spouses to be on each MFS return.  If you do not include the required information for your spouse the IRS will reject your return.

Note also that many deduction options are not available to either spouse when using MFS.
Vanessa

Your AGI is on line 7 of your 1040.  

To see it click:

• Tools
  • View Tax Summary
  • Preview 1040