Solved: My wife and brother own a house. She has nothing to do with the payment or anything. Does she need to claim that she owns a house on our taxes?

My wife and brother own a house. She has nothing to do with the payment or anything. Does she need to claim that she owns a house on our taxes?

I know she cannot claim the interest but she still have to say she owns a home on the taxes? I was originally told to list it as she doesn't own a home because she cannot claim any of it.

She doesn't have to claim that she owns a house. The question about owning a home comes from TurboTax, and we ask it to help determine if you are entitled to any tax breaks. But unless you take a deduction for your home on your return, there's no place on the actual tax return that gets filed with the IRS to show whether you own a home or not.