My total tax is $1,249 which would be my return, b...

My total tax is $1,249 which would be my return, but I am only receiving $950. Why is it not the full amount ?

we can't see your return. not sure what the $1249 is.   your total taxes are on line 24. total payments and credits are on line 33. if line 33 exceeds line 24 that is your overpayment. an amount on line 37 would indicate that you owe.

Would that total be your state and federal refunds combined maybe?

Or are you saying that the total tax that was withheld is 1,249?  If so, you, you don't necessarily get it all back, just the excess over what you actually owe.