turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My total refund sat $1,946 and the fees are about $120 but TurboTax says I'm only getting back $1590. Where did the state tax refund go? I believe the amount is $220.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My total refund sat $1,946 and the fees are about $120 but TurboTax says I'm only getting back $1590. Where did the state tax refund go? I believe the amount is $220.

The state and federal tax refunds are processed by different agencies on different schedules and on different days.  If you are having fees deducted, they only come out of your federal refund.  The state refund only goes directly to your bank account or comes to you by check.

If you are not sure what is supposed to happen in your case, log into your account and download or print the pdf for "ll forms and worksheets" and look for the instructions page.

If you need to track or locate your state tax refund you will need to check your state tax service web site, as they are all different.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

The state and federal tax refunds are processed by different agencies on different schedules and on different days.  If you are having fees deducted, they only come out of your federal refund.  The state refund only goes directly to your bank account or comes to you by check.

If you are not sure what is supposed to happen in your case, log into your account and download or print the pdf for "ll forms and worksheets" and look for the instructions page.

If you need to track or locate your state tax refund you will need to check your state tax service web site, as they are all different.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies