turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My tax return was rejected

Brought me to the end to file and it said it was rejected 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

You must be using one of the TurboTax desktop editions if you are just now completing the tax return.  The return can only be printed and mailed, it cannot be e-filed.  So make sure that you have selected File by Mail in the File section of the program.

Where exactly in the program are you seeing that the tax return was rejected?

What year are you filing?  It is too early to efile 2019.  And Efiling is closed for 2018 and earlier.  

robrog02

What happened

IND-031-04 - The primary taxpayer's AGI or Self-select PIN from last year does not match IRS records.

What do I do now?

robrog02

What happened

IND-031-04 - The primary taxpayer's AGI or Self-select PIN from last year does not match IRS records. Where do i find this AGI Number or PIN?

@robrog02 wrote:

What happened

IND-031-04 - The primary taxpayer's AGI or Self-select PIN from last year does not match IRS records. Where do i find this AGI Number or PIN?

A 2018 tax return can only be printed and mailed, it can no longer be e-filed so the 2017 AGI or 5 digit self-selected PIN which are Only used for e-filing is no longer needed.

To access your current or prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

A 2018 tax return can only be printed and mailed, it cannot be e-filed.

Print, sign, date and mail the tax return to the IRS.  Include with the mailed return any forms W-2 and 1099 which have taxes withheld.  Go to this IRS website for mailing addresses - https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment

There are no penalties for filing a tax return after the due date if filing for a tax refund or there are no taxes owed.

I need heep

@Robino3558 Please ask a complete and specific question so we will know how to help.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies