shields151515

My tax return is not accepting my 2019 tax returns AGI. I verified that is it correct and I have tried to put in 0. Neither have worked. What else can I do?

bluedeb

Are you using your 2019 from your original return?  If you filed an amended 2019 return, do not use the AGI from the amended return, use the AGI from your original return.

Your 2019 return must have been Accepted by the IRS for your prior year AGI to be on record. If you mailed your 2019 return, or it was late, you need to make sure it was Accepted by contacting the IRS directly.

You can print and mail your 2020 return or select I didn’t file last year, if your 2019 return was rejected and never resubmitted or accepted by the IRS.

Here are a few other possible reasons why you’re still getting an e-file reject. If you:

• Only filed a stimulus return for 2019, try entering $1 for your AGI.
    • Filed late last year after mid-November or your return was processed after that time—try entering 0.
    • Amended your return last year—make sure you’re using the AGI from your original return, not the amended one. (If you only have a 1040X form, it’s on line 1, column A)
    • Rounded your AGI to the nearest dollar—be sure to round up when it’s 50 cents or more, and down when it’s 49 cents or less.
    • Filed with your spouse last year—you and your spouse have the same 2019 AGI. (Don’t split the AGI amount or enter 0 for one of you)

If you’re still having trouble, we suggest that you check with the IRS to make sure that the copy of your return is the same as what they have in their records. To do this, you can order a tax return transcript

If you’ve tried everything and nothing works, you can still file a paper return by printing out copies of your federal and state returns and mailing them. We’ll include File by Mail Instructions on where to send your returns and what forms, if any, you need to include.

bluedeb

HelenC12

You can see if any of these suggestions help: What if I entered the correct AGI and I’m still getting an e-file reject?

Note: How much you made and the AGI needed for filing are not the same. The AGI is the adjusted gross income after all the deductions were allowed but before the credits. Source: AmyC