bbecker1234

My stepson lives with my wife and I half the year, and also his biological father for half the year. We get child support for him, Im sure his father claims him as a dependent. Are we allowed to also?

He technically lives with us 53% according to child support agency in WI
PattiF

You cannot both claim your stepson. Are the details of who can claim the child stated in the divorce agreement or custody agreement?

bbecker1234

I guess I'll have to look back on some documents. I think my wife (girlfriend at the time) let his father claim him. He's almost ten now but we've been married one year. Probably best to avoid the situation I suppose.

PattiF

You are probably right about that.