If your State return show, incomplete then at the time you originally e-filed your State forms were not yet available to be e-filed. If you have e-filed your Federal tax return and it has been accepted, then you can follow the steps below to file your State return:
- Login to your TurboTax account.
- In the Welcome Home box, click on the My TurboTax tab at the top and then My Tax Timeline
- In the SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO section, click Add a state. (Important do not select continue with state return as it will send you back in a loop. Please select add a state, as this will bring you back into the program, even though you are not really adding a state. Instead you will be selecting the tab in the next step)
- Click on the State Taxes tab. (Located in the upper portion of the screen)
- Click Continue to start or complete your state taxes.
- Click Done with State.
- Continue through the flow to review and file your state taxes.
To check on the status of your tax return, just log back into your Turbo Tax account. You will see the status of your tax return on the first page.
If there is an issue with your return, follow the on screen directions to make any corrections that are needed.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Still have questions?Make a post