daebrks

My son worked a summer job and earned $5612.00 do I have to file it with my tax return or file his taxes separately?

He has to file his own return for his income.  You can not put it in your return.  Be sure he checks the box that says he can be claimed on someone else’s return.  That is very important!

Did he get a W2 or a 1099Misc for it?  If he got a W2 he does not have to file it except to get back any withholding taken out (box 2 only).  

Online is only good for 1 return.  But you can use the same email address for 5 accounts.   How to start another return in the Online version      https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288574

W-2 or 1099-MISC? Any taxes withheld?
daebrks

$166 fed and $85 state in taxes taken out

"If he got a W2 he does not have to file it except to get back any withholding taken out (box 2 only)."  
State filing requirements may be different.

He can also try filing here:

www.taxfreedom.com