Solved: My son was at college how do i enter the days he lived with us and do i claim him?
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

My son was at college how do i enter the days he lived with us and do i claim him?

he made $2009 on his w2
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 15

My son was at college how do i enter the days he lived with us and do i claim him?

Being away at college is a temporary absence so you say he lived with you all year.  If he is under the age of 24 and a full-time student, you can claim him.  He can file his own return but needs to say he can be claimed as a dependent on someone else's tax return.  

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 15

Being away at college is a temporary absence so you say he lived with you all year.  If he is under the age of 24 and a full-time student, you can claim him.  He can file his own return but needs to say he can be claimed as a dependent on someone else's tax return.  

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

v
Privacy Settings