turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kkps

My son lived with my wife 180 days last yr in India.I was in US.Then they moved to US.If filing joint,how do I answer:How many days child lived with you?

My child lived with my wife 180 days last year in India. I was in US at this time. After this they moved to USA and all of us lived together. We are filing as 'married filing joined'. How do I answer the question: How many days did your child live with you? From whose perspective do I answer this question? My perspective? or my wife's perspective?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
RichardK

My son lived with my wife 180 days last yr in India.I was in US.Then they moved to US.If filing joint,how do I answer:How many days child lived with you?

If you are filing a joint return, you answer based on both of your perspectives, which generally would be all year, for more information on claiming click here IRS webpage for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About International Individual Tax Matters.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RichardK

If you are filing a joint return, you answer based on both of your perspectives, which generally would be all year, for more information on claiming click here IRS webpage for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About International Individual Tax Matters.

kkps

Thank you.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies