Solved: My son is 17 , lived with me for the entire year. I supported him he did not have a job... why is it that since he’s 17 I can’t get the 1000$ child tax credit? He is expensive to support mor

My son is 17 , lived with me for the entire year. I supported him he did not have a job... why is it that since he’s 17 I can’t get the 1000$ child tax credit? He is expensive to support mor

The child must be under the age of 17 on the last day of the year to be eligible for the Child Tax Credit.

That is the way the US Internal Revenue code is written.  It can only be changed by Congress.