crookedspoons79

My second stimulus payment status says not available..... why?

DJS
Intuit Approved!

If the IRS has your old bank info on file or if there's another reason the agency isn't able to distribute your check. You can tell if this will happen by using the Get My Payment tool (https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment ) on the IRS website.  You can use the IRS tool to track your payment. If you get a message reading "Payment Status #2 - Not Available" you're in the group that will need to submit a tax return to claim your money.

If your stimulus payment does not come by Jan. 15, 2021, the only way you can claim it is to file a tax return for the 2020 year.  Both the first and second stimulus checks were actually an advance on a tax credit. The legislature authorized the IRS to pay it out early via direct deposit, check, or debit card. Normally you'd have to wait until you filed your tax returns to claim a tax credit. If you don't get your money, you can submit a return and claim the tax credit -- which is called the Recovery Rebate Credit.

Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.
**If this post is helpful please click on "thumbs up"**

BarbL

To check the eligibility or status of your Economic Impact Payment, please visit https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

For more information on the stimulus payments, including potential delays, please see this TurboTax article:  https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/

crookedspoons79

The one from turbo tax says we should see them soon, the irs says we have to get it when we file taxes. Conflicting what each other says. Doesn't answer my question.

DanielV01

It will depend.  There is a known issue that is being resolved.  However, if anyone does not receive either a direct deposit to an active account and the IRS is unable to send a paper check, then the stimulus will be claimed as additional refund on the tax return.

DJS
Intuit Approved!

BB2019

I’m confused as well. I’m receiving emails that my money is coming but then I’m reading IRS website saying I have to claim it. SMH

DanielV01

Please note the following update: 

We are happy to share that stimulus payments will begin to be deposited on January 8th for millions of our customers affected by the IRS error.  We expect most of these payments to be available that day, but banks could take a few business days to process. Payment will be deposited into the same bank account that customers received their 2019 tax refund.

Customers receiving a stimulus payment will receive an email from TurboTax letting them know their stimulus payment is on the way.We have been working tirelessly with the Treasury and IRS to get stimulus payments to our customers.  We know how important these funds are for so many Americans and we regret that an IRS error caused a delay.

Please note the following page for additional information:  Why Haven’t I Received My Second Stimulus Check?

Jro4

Okay, so just to clarify you know that you’re getting your stimulus payment direct deposited because you received a email from TurboTax advising your stimulus payment is on the way otherwise, we would have to find it on our taxes

BB2019

@Jro4 I guess that’s what that means. Lol

DanielV01

While an email announcement was made, it is entirely possible that not all clients were able to receive the email for various reasons.  But we are trying to make everyone aware either by direct email, social media, this platform, our blog posts, or any other means possible.  We do feel it important to communicate.

WalrathFam12

Admittedly, the email I received, and the FAQ'S, does remain vague and confusing to me. So, if I follow the email, I should get my stimulus without filing for it. If I follow the FAQ's, only those affected by the IRS error (definition according to TurboTax FAQ: those with wrong banking info) will receive it without filing. The email I received says Get My Payment tool may not be up to date, but the IRS stands by the tool being updated. It's all very conflicting. So, which would it be? 

DanielV01

Everyone is right from a certain point of view.  The IRS does update their website daily, but this latest adjustment has come after their latest update, so will (or should) be included in the next update of the site.  Everyone who received the first stimulus automatically should receive the second one automatically also.  However, in a worst-case scenario where the IRS can neither direct deposit the stimulus nor send a check or debit card to the address on file, then the customer would need to file a tax return to receive the stimulus as additional refund on their 2020 tax return.  Hope this helps.

karly78

I received  my first stimulus check direct deposited in my bank account

but now I’m still waiting for the second stimulus check.  I tried to check my second stimulus check on the get my pay irs and it said payment #2 is not available 

I want to know why I got the first stimulus check but the second one is not available. I did not change any of my information such as bank account  or address

but when I check the (get my pay irs) they have the right bank account number for the first stimulus

I do not believe the our earring 2019 will disqualify us for the second stimulus check

need some help on this 

Thank you

Jro4

Well majority of people that status is showing not available it’s because there are tax return was sent to their tax preparer rather it was H&R Block TurboTax whomever they used it went to that bank account for the tax preparer, but after I got the email yesterday I did get my return direct deposited from TurboTax for my stimulus.

DawnC

We are happy to share that stimulus payments for those impacted by an IRS error will begin to be deposited starting January 8th. We expect most payments to be available that day, but your bank could take a few business days to process. Your payment will be deposited into the same bank account where you received your 2019 tax refund.

We have been working tirelessly with the Treasury and IRS to get stimulus payments to our customers. We know how important these funds are for so many Americans and we regret that an IRS error caused a delay.

We appreciate your patience as these payments are processed. This update may not immediately be reflected in the IRS Get My Payment tool.

Please check back here for the most up-to-date information on stimulus payments.  @karly78