My review says that my audit risk is high because I have a 982 cancellation of debt. This form is not on my return and I have no debt HOW DO I FIX THIS?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My review says that my audit risk is high because I have a 982 cancellation of debt. This form is not on my return and I have no debt HOW DO I FIX THIS?

I don't have any cancelled debt. Form 982 is blank but every time i erase it TT gives me this flag that my return has a high risk of audit because of my cancelled debt. I HAVE NO CANCELLED DEBT.

4 Replies
Level 15

Have you looked in Forms mode to see if something is there?
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

yes there are no 1099a 1099c or 982 forms
Level 15

To call TurboTax customer support
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number">https://ttlc.intuit.com...>
They are available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday Pacific time.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Level 15

If the warning does not apply to your return, ignore it.

Always print a copy of your completed tax return for your records, and review it carefully before e-Filing.

You will need it if you are audited by the IRS, or to amend because a TurboTax update changes your return.

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings