subu-infy

My returns are rejected saying my spouses AGI is incorrect . What's the amount (rejected my AGI ) i need to enter if my spouse is not working and AGI is same as mine ?

The AGI in my 2019 returns are same as the rejected number this time .
LinaJ2020

If you are filing Married Filing Jointly, both you and your spouse will have the same AGI.  To see other user's similar situation, click here: Spouse's AGI  If your AGI is zero, your spouse will have the same number as zero. 

If you have your last year's tax return, read here: Find your AGI

If you used TurboTax online to file, you can access your account here Login and download a copy of your prior year’s 1040 tax return to find your AGI.  Click here for instructions: Prior year's return

If you do not have a copy of the tax forms, you may order a transcript from the IRS.  Click here Get  Transcript and select  "Get Transcript Online "  On the transcript, look under section "Adjustment to Income" and find the amount for Adjusted Gross Income.

The AGI calculation is relatively straightforward.

• It is equal to the total income you report that’s subject to income tax—such as earnings from your job, self-employment, dividends and interest from a bank account—minus specific deductions, or “adjustments” that you’re eligible to take.
  • Your AGI is calculated before you take the standard or itemized deductions —which you report in later sections of the return.

venkat1286

I had the same issue and it got rejected. I entered 0 for spouse and submitted. Got an email saying that Federal accepted.