My return generated income far greater than I ente...

My return generated income far greater than I entered into the form from my W2, what happened?

Also, just to be clear, I only had income from my W2, not other income.

You may have made data input error.  I suggest you return to the W-2 section and revisit your W-2 entry and make sure it is correct.

Thanks David,

It shows that I had only entered the amount from my W2. The amount on the return was five times more.

I will advise that you start all over. Here's instructions on how to cancel and start all over:

As long as you haven't submitted payment, deducted the TurboTax fee from your refund, or registered, you can erase your return and start from scratch in TurboTax Online.

1. Sign in and select a topic to continue your return.
  2. On the next screen, from the left-side menu, select Tax Tools, and then Clear & Start Over (select the menu icon in the upper-left corner if you don't see this menu).
  3. Answer Yes in the pop-up to confirm.

Thanks Victor,

Can I do this even if I've already submitted my tax forms and received my tax refund?

If you already filed your tax return and it was wrong, you will have to amend your return to make the correction. This is how you do it in TurboTax Online:

1. Sign in to your TurboTax account.
  2. Scroll down to Your tax return & documents, click Show on the right.
  3. Select 2019 and then click Amend (change) return.
  4. Once you get to the screen that asks what you need to change, select W-2.
  5. Carefully review what is on your return for W-2 information. If you need to delete a duplicate W-2 entry, click the trash can icon on the right.
  6. Carefully follow the instructions to finish your return. Don't worry if your refund changes to $0. This is normal on amended returns. If you will get more money back by amending, the refund box will show you the amount. If you owe money because of your changes, the number will be in red.
  7. When finished, follow the instructions for printing and mailing your amended return as amendments can't be e-filed.

Keep in mind, the amendment is a separate tax return from your original return. If your original return shows a refund, you will still get that refund.

If your amended return shows a refund too, you will get a second refund.

If your amendment shows that you owe, it is because your original refund was too high and you have to pay back part of it. If you owe, pay the amount before July 15 to avoid penalties.