My refund was offset. My child’s father owes arrears for child support & his refund was offset. Will IRS offset his backpay & apply it to my debt?

Will I receive a lump sum from the non custodial parent or will IRS keep the money to pay more on my debt?

OK ... you are talking about 2 different things.  His refund was grabbed to pay the back child support and will be sent to the child support division who in turn will issue you a check.  At no time does this go back to the IRS so they cannot grab it. However paying down your IRS debt when you get the money would be wise since the Penalties and Interest on it is compounding daily.