My refund even before entering deductions is way more than I had withheld. Our income was 60K refund is 27K. What did I enter wrong?

If you like I can send my tax forms.

ThomasM

This sounds like a mis-entered income or withholding tax amount, perhaps a missing digit in income or an extra digit in tax withheld.

The simple way to check is to revisit your income entries (particularly the W-2 screens).  To do this, click on Federal Taxes, then Wages & Income, then select I'll choose what I work on, and you'll be on the Income Summary page.  Here you'll see all the income headings, and you can target the ones which show a figure (meaning you've previously entered amounts in those sections).

Start with the Wages & Salaries section, since this is where you entered any W-2 information.  When you click on Wages & Salaries, you'll advance to the W-2 summary page and you'll see each W-2 listed there, along with an amount next to it. One by one, go down the list by clicking Edit next to each amount, and you'll be able to revisit each of the W-2 entry screens. Pay particular attention to boxes 1 & 2 and check them against the W-2.

If you don't find the error in the W-2 figures, then move on to the next amount showing on the Income Summary page.  I suspect you'll find the error soon enough.

ThomasM