danamcbride

My parents are trying to claim me after I supported myself except for medical insurance and shelter. I also moved out officially in September but had been gone since June

My parents are trying to claim me after they only supported medical and shelter for me. I paid for everything else and had been out of the house since June but officially moved out in September.

CarlitaH

Have they already filed? That's the first question you have to ask. If they have and they have claimed you as a dependent and you file, your return will be rejected and you will have to file an amended return. If they have not already filed, then you can file and the situation will be vice versa.

CarlitaH